Whether you're visiting a grave or memorial to a loved one or a close friend, attending one of many services, or to find the burial place of some of our historical figures, come and experience the dramatic beauty of Waverley Cemetery - "the cemetery by the sea".
Please always remember we are an active operational cemetery and we ask that you respect other visitors and the grounds.
Our grounds are open for grave visitation by foot everyday of the year.
Vehicle access is only available Monday through Friday, 7am – 3.30pm and 7am – 3pm on Saturdays and Gates are closed at 4pm sharp
The cemetery office is open between the following hours:
Monday to Friday - 9am - 4pm
Saturday by appointment only
If you are travelling by public transport, take the 378 bus from Railway Square (or Bondi Junction rail interchange), and alight at St. Thomas Street, Bronte.
Taking the car? There is plenty of on-street parking on Trafalgar and St Thomas streets and when visiting graves.
Please note, no vehicles can enter the cemetery while works to restore the landslip and coastal walk are in progress. This work is expected to last until mid 2018. Find out more about the project here.
When travelling by taxi, ask to be dropped at our gates on the corner of St Thomas and Trafalgar Streets, Bronte. The administration office is just inside the gates.
Waverley Cemetery is a sacred place. Visitors are asked to behave in a quiet and reverent manner.
- Remember that we are an active cemetery; please avoid disturbing a graveside or funeral gathering and service and the many family members that are visiting their loved ones.
- Children under 16 years of age must be under close supervision by and accompanying adult.
- For the comfort of our families and guests, domestic animals are not permitted with the exception of guide dogs.
- Cooking of food is not permitted.
- No naked flames at anytime.
- Visitors and grave licence owners are requested to leave comments and inquiries at the cemetery office.
- Soliciting within the cemetery is prohibited.