Waverley Cemetery is an iconic, heritage site, and Waverley Council has been working hard to ensure it can be preserved. Over the past 18 months we’ve completed a comprehensive review of the condition of the Cemetery infrastructure.
We have now also built up much of the funding necessary for restoration of vital Cemetery assets such as fencing, gates, retaining walls, roads, paths, drains, shelters and buildings.
The aim is to preserve the character and heritage of this beautiful site, provide the interment services needed, and ensure the Cemetery has funds for it to be maintained into the future
Waverley Council has prioritised repair and maintenance works at Waverley Cemetery. In the past 12 months, the following works have been completed at Waverley Cemetery:
- Roadworks to the entrance driveway and seven internal roads
- Repairs two internal stairways
- Improvements to five reflection shelters
- Repaired and replaced some internal fencing
- Installed a new fence on Fig Tree Lane
- Replaced the Cemetery Fence (along Trafalgar Street, Bronte)
- Renovated the Cemetery Gateway
Click on the link to read more information about the repair and maintenance work at Waverley Cemetery
Read the Waverley Cemetery fact sheet if you would like to know more about what Council is currently doing.